Discover L.A.

Discover L.A. - The American Language Center (ALC) - UCLA Extension

Did you go on the architecture or garden tour? What did you learn from the tour? What were your favorite parts of The Getty? After you discuss your impressions, read and reply to 2 of your classmates' comments about The Getty or Venice Beach.

Next, from your Venice Beach photos or your Getty Photos, start writing a script for your first 1-2 minute video.  

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! I need to find that painting "The Visitation." Great description!

Grammar:

..were relaxing...were walking...colorful clothes..

Risa Takahashi(MM) said:

I go on the garden tour. I found a lot of plants, trees, and flowers. For example, I can see colorful cacti, naked trees, and lawn. Tour guide said that the Getty garden has four water spot. I found water fall, stream, and cascade. I went to plaza, and I can see a maze like garden. It has many red flowers. It was my favorite place in the Getty. The people ware relaxing, many family and couples ware enjoying walking around the park. It was cloudy, so I can't watch the view well. That was unfortunate. 

In the building of the Getty, I saw pictures. My favorite picture was "The Visitation". It was painted by Pontormo who is Italian In 1528-1529.  I can see four people in this picture. They were wearing colorful cloth.Two people ware looking forward me, and the others ware looking each other. I wanted to know what they did. The picture was so impressed.

Naked trees is good but we can also say leafless trees.

Mark Mabray said:

Thanks! I need to find that painting "The Visitation." Great description!

Grammar:

..were relaxing...were walking...colorful clothes..

Risa Takahashi(MM) said:

I go on the garden tour. I found a lot of plants, trees, and flowers. For example, I can see colorful cacti, naked trees, and lawn. Tour guide said that the Getty garden has four water spot. I found water fall, stream, and cascade. I went to plaza, and I can see a maze like garden. It has many red flowers. It was my favorite place in the Getty. The people ware relaxing, many family and couples ware enjoying walking around the park. It was cloudy, so I can't watch the view well. That was unfortunate. 

In the building of the Getty, I saw pictures. My favorite picture was "The Visitation". It was painted by Pontormo who is Italian In 1528-1529.  I can see four people in this picture. They were wearing colorful cloth.Two people ware looking forward me, and the others ware looking each other. I wanted to know what they did. The picture was so impressed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Adam Rado.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service